April showers bring May biking! Biking is one of the best ways to be green while saving green. Here are 10 ways you can celebrate National Bike Month this May:
1. Join the Campus Bike Project for their Friday evening bike rides through CU.
2. Go on a biking date. Invite your significant other to pedal hand in hand with you to Custard Cup.
3. Bike through Meadowbrook Park and take pictures of the sculptures in Wandell Garden.
4. Bike over to the farmers market in downtown Urbana on Saturday morning and snag the freshest produce in town.
5. Bike to Green and Sixth streets and pump up your tires at the free bike station.
6. Take a slow bike ride through the Quad and enjoy the lack of crowds.
7. If you’re feeling the heat, bike to the ARC and relax by the pool.
8. Bike to the Japan House on Lincoln Avenue and enjoy a traditional tea ceremony.
9. Bike to the Champaign Public Library and get started on your summer reading.
10. Bike to work for the rest of month to help reduce your gas consumption.
Want more information on National Bike Month in CU? Check out CUbiketowork.org for more fun events.