All of Hollywood gathered at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles on Sunday night to celebrate the 92nd Annual Academy Awards. Big winners of the night included Bong Joon Ho’s foreign film “Parasite,” Todd Phillips’ “Joker,” and Rupert Goold’s “Judy.”
The red carpet was just as exciting as the show itself. Stars stunned in every designer from Versace to Elie Saab. Let’s break down the top 10 best looks of the night!
10) Brad Pitt – In the swarm of black tuxes that trailed the red carpet, Brad Pitt looked like a million bucks in this black velvet ensemble by Italian menswear line Brioni, which Pitt is a brand ambassador for.
9) Brie Larson – Capes were a big trend on the red carpet this year. Captain Marvel actress Brie Larson shines in this pale pink Celine gown.
8) Regina King – Also sporting a pink ensemble, Regina King turned heads in this gorgeous Versace gown.
7) Florence Pugh – Little Women star Florence Pugh opted for a pop of color in a layered teal Louis Vuitton gown and matching teal shoes.
6) Saoirse Ronan – Little Women star Saiorse Ronan also stood out in a striking deep v-neck black and ivory waist ruffled top and gorgeous lavender skirt.
5) Anthony Ramos – When it came to menswear on the red carpet, Anthony Ramos (thankfully) steered away from the classic black-and-white tux theme of every awards season. He turned heads in a contemporary take on the classic tux, sporting a stunning white jacket, silver and black studded shoes, and bold necklace. Best dressed man of the night!
4) Sandra Oh – Killing Eve star Sandra Oh sparkled in a beautiful gold Elie Saab gown, with a ruffled train and sleeves. Iconic!
3) Janelle Monae – Always a red-carpet superstar, Janelle Monae rocked this silver hooded Ralph Lauren gown. (Fun fact: this work of art has 170,000 crystals on it!)
2) Cynthia Erivo – Harriet star Cynthia Ervio made her Oscar’s debut in a absolutely striking white custom Atelier Versace bustier gown. This one-shoulder gown featured a crystal-mesh bodice, and sexy slit. Accessorizing with Piaget diamonds, this look was nothing short of perfect.
1) Natalie Portman – Of the most powerful looks of the night was Oscar’s alum Natalie Portman. Standing up to gender inequality in Hollywood, Portman’s dress featured names of all the female directors whose movies were snubbed at Sunday’s show, stitched onto her black Dior Haute Couture cape and matching dress. The dress was embroidered with an Arabic poem that translates to “We dared to dream and we will not regret dignity.” Legendary!
Scarlett Johanssen : Oscar de la Renta
Kelly Marie Tran: Schiaparelli
Rooney Mara: custom Alexander McQueen